Various construction materials are being used in the world for constructing buildings, and the most widely used material is concrete because of its unique advantages compared to other materials. In this article, we will explain some benefits of using concrete as a construction material, and these are:
● The first benefit of using concrete as a construction material is its economic value. If we compare concrete with other construction materials used for construction, then we can have the idea that the availability of concrete around the globe is easy as compared to steel, polymers, and other construction materials. Concrete is prepared with cement, water, concrete admixtures, and aggregates, and all these ingredients are readily available in local markets at a low cost.
● The second benefit of using complete as a construction material is its temperature requirement, which is very suitable for construction under normal weather conditions. As concrete is made with cement and cement is a low temperature bonded inorganic material, so concrete sets harden and gain its strength at regular room temperature because of retarding agents present in cement.
● The third benefit of using concrete as a construction material is that you can have your required shapes and designs with a concrete easily because the fresh concrete is in a liquid state, and it contains a water reducing agent. You just have to pour fresh concrete into your required shapes and designs. You can also have complicated shapes with concrete by adjusting the mixture.
● The fourth benefit of using concrete as a construction material is the energy required for its production, which is very low as compared to the energy requirement of other construction materials. The production of concrete requires only 450-750kWh/ton, which is 10 times less than the energy required to produce steel.
● Construction materials used for the underwater building can induce corrosion, but if we compare concrete to the other construction materials, then it is clear that concrete has the ability to withstand water without serious damage for a longer period. Because of this, property concrete is beneficial for use as a construction material, and most of the underwater and submerged building structures are constructed with concrete.
● The last but not the least benefit of using concrete as a construction material is its resistance to a high temperature, which is far better than wood and steel. As concrete is a bad conductor of heat so it can store a considerable amount of heat from the environment.
Interested in online gambling? Click here if yes to read about it more.